Monday, July 20, 2009

Moving Into This Old House Update

Well, here's the update:


The church is moving us this coming Saturday, and I still haven't packed a box (although I have moved miscellany loose items up to the new place) and Mike took 2 loads of boxes (still packed from November's move) up yesterday.


I finally finished all the carpet cleaning and vacuuming cobwebs (I've never had to clean a house so much to move into! Not fair!).


The one and only bathroom is still in demolition mode.



The livingroom looked like this:



but there was a rumor that there was hardwood underneath, so now it looks like this:




I still need to paint the walls and pull up umpteen billion staples out of the floor before Saturday. So all of you that offered to help if I needed it, guess what? Your phone will definitely be ringing.

Oh and I have to work, and pack, and keep up with regular chores like laundry and dishes (and blogging), and then do a dancer's flea market I'm involved in on Saturday as well (that I committed to long before this move came along). Of course my employer needs me more than ever right now, and I'm weighing extra money vs extra time. Money is winning, but I may still try to find someone to work for me one day this week.

Other than that it's been hotter than blazes, and the air conditioner in our current home has only been working intermittently (despite the fact that I've been cursing at it quite consistently). At our new home, however, it's about 20 degrees cooler with a nice breeze blowing through the pines. I'm sure loving it now, but I know this winter it will turn into Little Siberia and I'll have snow up to my fanny!

Nat and Moo are excited to move, and they are actually looking forward to having snow up to their fannies this winter. They've actually packed a couple boxes too and did a great job helping me pull up the livingroom carpet the other day and spent a good hour pulling up staples even going so far as to claim it was fun!


So there ya have it. Maybe by next Monday I'll feel a bit more sane. Or not. Oh well, "this too shall pass".

3 comments:

Arya said...

looks like you have your work cut out for you...I hate packing and moving and cleaning the place you move into just isn't fair...isn't that supposed to be done for you?

I do hope you move goes smoothly and that things just come together - even if it's at the last possible moment (which is what usually happens for me)

((HUGGS))

Ally said...

Aren't hardwood floors beautiful??!!

Oiy. You are going to be busy! I hope it all goes well and everything gets done. And I hope you can work in a nice, soothing, soaking bubble bath here and there this week. :-S

I wish I lived in your area so I could come and help! But I do hope all goes well.

Good luck!! And may the force be with you. ;-)

San Diego Moving Company said...

That looks like a tone of work. Good luck with everything.