Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Worrisome Sign

Seen on a sign board outside of a church today as I was driving by:

WORRY IS THE DARKROOM IN WHICH NEGATIVES DEVELOP

That really made me stop and think. My dad has always been a profound worrier, from the weather to the affairs of the world, he worries about everything all the time. He is also one of the most pessimistic people I know. I love him, but sometimes he's hard to be around because of his gloom and doom attitude. I really want to watch myself so that I don't develop a negative attitude from worrying. After all, worry doesn't change anything!

I think I need to get this tattooed somewhere...ok maybe not, but I'm going to remember it and take it to heart.

4 comments:

Momza said...

Tattoos...I'm thinking there may be a day when out of sheer necessity, I give in and get one:
It will say: If Found Please Return to Kent @ 719-###-####.

I'll probably get it on the back of my neck...kinda like the way MATTEL is on the neck of Barbie, or is it on her bum? I forget.

As for negative people...draining.
I'm with you--best to not hang around them too much. In my experience those are usually the people for whom life has not met their expectations overall. Sad.

LisAway said...

What a terrific and clever quote. I love that. I don't think I'm much of a worrier, so that's good, but my kids have tendencies that way, so I need to be sure I keep it positive.

Shimmy Mom said...

Love that saying! And don't worry, I think about tatoos that I'll never really get too.
*hugs*

Ally said...

I'm a worrier.

Do you think there's any hope for me?

Really???

Okay. I'll try. I love that quote! I'll post that on my fridge. ;-)