Sunday, June 12, 2011

Disneyland Then and Now

Yes, I'm still milkin' the Disneyland trip. I'm just as shocked as you are.

~And my computer won't go online, so that's why it's taken so long to get this post up.~


Way back in 1972, my parents took my sister and me on our first trip to Disneyland. I was 8 and my sister was 12. My mom, who, let's just say, frequently changed her hair color, was kinda blonde.




In 2011 we took our youngest two girls on their first trip to Disneyland. Nat was 8, Miss Moo was 11, and Sis was kinda blonde. (She also, changes hair color like she her changes socks.)




Back then Autopia was definitely a hit.



And it still is:



Although I have issue with the name Autopia. Cam explained to me that it's all about the Utopia, but I think it's an awkward name and needs and extra syllable. I think it should be Auto-topia. Walt just missed the boat on that one.


One of my favorite rides then:




The Mule Ride! Yep, they had a mule ride. I'm guessing it was where Toon Town is now.

This time one of my very favorites was the Finding Nemo submarine ride which used to look like this:


Getting pictures with the characters is still fun.




Just after this shot, my sister and I moved away, but the big orangutan held on to my curvy cousin and wouldn't let her go! Those hot-pants were working for her...the big ape!




However, Mickey was, and still is, the consumate gentleman and didn't try to accost my curvy daughter.


But, the more things change, the more they stay the same:
These poor suckers are still at the mercy of this rhino.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the old photos, it's neat to see how some things change but how some things stay the same!

BTW this is Arya - blogger is being weird