Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Turkey Talk

I won a contest! I'm so excited! Our local news website recently ran a contest to name a wild turkey hen that has been hanging around the shopping center in town. The prize was a $20 gift certificate to the local coffee shop where she is seen most often.

Okay so you're dying to know the winning name aren't you? My suggestion was Cranberry. I had a feeling when I submitted it, that it may win. Of course, some of the names I was competing with were, Butterball, Strutin Stuffin, Drum Stick Walking, and Little Golly Gobble. I don't mean to be rude, but how could I NOT win? Hee, hee.

So here's a picture of my turkey, Cranberry. I am going to try to go visit her soon, since now I'm practically her owner.



When I got the email telling me I had won, husband suggested I call them and say, "Thank you, she was delicious! What? You mean the turkey wasn't the prize? Oops!" Yeah, he thinks he's pretty funny sometimes.

3 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Congratulations from someone who rarely, ever wins anything.

Cindy Breninger said...

Awww, that is a cute name! :) Good job.
Cindy
www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com

Karen Schmautz said...

I was going to say the same thing your husband said. Ha! Great minds and all that. Congratulations...it's a great name.