Thursday, October 4, 2007

Two Great Tastes That Go Great Together

So, remember that Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercial where some guy is walking along with his chocolate bar and some other guy is walking along with an open jar of peanut butter ('cause you see that kind of thing every day, right?). Somehow these two inexplicably collide and the chocolate bar lands in the peanut butter. At which the two guys indignantly exclaim, "Hey, you got chocolate in my peanut butter!" and "You got peanut butter on my chocolate!" They bravely taste it anyway and the rest is delicious history.

Desperate for something sweet today, I got out my trusty jar of peanut butter and my almost empty bag of chocolate chips and enjoyed this taste sensation and began to think of other tastes that go great together that maybe are a little different.

Have you ever had a peanut butter and bacon sandwich? I learned about this great combo from the PBS show ZOOM, that I used to watch religiously in my elementary school days. The best way to fix this sandwich is on a hot dog bun because the shape of the bun accommodates the shape of the bacon quite nicely. It's really good, I swear. If it wasn't would they have put it on tv? I rest my case!

Another good one that I've enjoyed is fresh pineapple dipped in marshmallow creme. Of course, what doesn't taste good dipped in marshmallow creme? If you go one step further and mix cream cheese and marshmallow creme together you have one tasty fruit dip.

I've heard of Fluffer-Nutter sandwiches (peanut butter and marshmallow creme), and even peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches (it's said to be like peanut butter and celery) but haven't ever tried either of these myself.

There's always that salty sweet mix that's fabulous like chocolate covered pretzels, french fries and a milkshake, and my own personal favorite: Nacho Cheese Doritos and M&M's. I lived on that lovely combo in high school for lunch, usually washing it down with a soda. Is it no wonder I was always tired and dizzy? Hmmmm. Sis swears by the combo of Crunchy Cheetos dipped in chocolate pudding. I haven't yet sampled this delicacy.

I have ambitions for making a list of things that taste terrible together such as Oreo's and OJ and then challenging people to taste them. I don't know why. Just sounds like good clean fun, I guess. "Two great tastes that gag you together" maybe?

No comments: