Sunday, August 17, 2008

Making Hay While the Sun Shines

Tomorrow I get a day off! Woo hoo! Actually I'll be off until Friday. I just finished doing two days of double shifts: snack bar from 10:30am-4:30pm, then waitressing from 4:45-10ish on Friday and Saturday then did another day at the snack bar today.

I feel like I've been living at work, but the snack bar won't be open during the week anymore (we'll just be doing Friday, Saturdays and Sundays and will be closed for the season after labor day), so I need to get as many hours in as possible while I can.

It wasn't actually too bad. The two jobs are different enough that it didn't feel monotonous. Waitressing is getting easier and I'm still getting good tips. I may end up double shifting again this weekend as one of the waitresses had a death in the family. I think as long as there's an end in sight it's ok, but I couldn't do this on a regular basis. Whew!

And yes, I'm sitting with my feet up!

No comments: