Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rakkasah Part II

It was a nice break for me to get away to Rakkasah. I went by myself and left my little girls preparing for a sleep over at a friend's house. This would be Nat's first sleep over ever, so I was a bit nervous to not be able to hover over the phone in case she might need me in the middle of the night. Of course she was fine and that was probably because I was already gone when she got picked up so my anxiety wasn't passed on to her.

I was able to stay at my best friend from college's house on Friday night, and it was fantastic to have time to catch up with her and her family. She, like me, has older kids and younger kids, and when I saw her 2 little girls I immediately missed my own and started "momming" them.

I made the girls laugh when they brought their hamsters out to show me because I picked one up and put it into my shirt like I do with our little hammy, Baby.

The next day I went back to the festival. I had the opportunity to volunteer for a vendor and help at her booth. She was short-staffed so I worked about 4 1/2 hours. My job was to fold purchases, wrap them in tissue, bag them, put fliers in each bag and then offer the customer a piece of chocolate. I know, tough job, but someone had to do it! It was quite busy, so time flew by and we were close enough to see the main stage. After my shift I was paid in store credit, and she was very generous, so I was able to come home with some cool new dance gear and all it cost me was my time!

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching dancers. There were several who traveled from as far Germany and Japan! It was terrific to sit and watch for as long as I wanted without having to worry if someone was bored, or hungry, or needed to go to the bathroom. True freedom for a mom!

I drove home that night and the next day I felt refreshed and invigorated and renewed. So much so that I actually tackled my bedroom, my bathroom AND the girls' room. It's amazing what a little me time can do for my attitude!

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I could sure use a getaway. How cool that you not only got away, but you got to have such a great time too.