Saturday, December 6, 2008

Inspiration

Wow! I got to see the likes of Rachel Brice, Zoe Jakes and Ariellah dance tonight. It was fantastic. A different style of bellydance than I practice, but fantastic just the same. A lot of the music was very industrial, I guess you'd say. Lots of clanking and such. The dancing consisted of a lot of locking and snakey movements. Very different, but very inspiring. I think I have a new tribal fusion favorite:

Zoe Jakes

She's just oozing personality and talent. What a treat it was to see her perform.

The cool thing was the performance was fairly local, so nearly all the dancers in our area showed up. As we waited for the performance to start, I made the rounds saying hello, and catching up with women I haven't seen in a while.

It stuck me, that it really wasn't that long ago that I was at a local event seeing a troupe of belly dancers perform, and I was just so in awe of them. I thought at the time how cool it would be to learn belly dance, and now here I am a part of the local belly dance community, and friends with those same women who inspired me not so many years ago.

Wow. Funny what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it. Inspiring indeed.

3 comments:

Emy5 said...

What a great accomplishment. Sounds like a fun evening. I love dance!

Rick O'Shay said...

Sounds like you had fun.
My brother is so jelous that I have a belly dancer following my blog. However my wife doesen't think it cool at all.

But I see beyound the belly dancing. It's a great art form but you're so much more. I enjoy your posts. But when It comes to dance I have too right feet. Not left feet I actually step on my wife's feet with my two right feet.
See ya Mood.

Ally said...

That IS awesome! ;-D

I'm so glad you were able to go and have a good time.

And you really are an inspiration, choosing a dream to reach for and going until you get it - it's wonderful! ;-)