Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Twitter-pated Deer Warning

I really don't have anything to post. So I'm posting anyway. Don't ask.



I just warned Sis as she went out the door to watch out for deer because I've seen more deer today than I've seen in the last six months. It's like in the movie Bambi: Spring has sprung and all the forest creatures are running around all twitter-pated and looking for mates. Unfortunately they're very suicidal when they're twitter-pated, so we drivers of fast motor vehicles have to be extra cautious.


And a driving tip for those who aren't familiar with suicidal deer tactics: If you see one deer cross in front of you, don't take a deep breath and think you're "out of the woods" (pun intended). Oh no. If you see one deer, chances are he has several buddies who are going to cross right behind him. Definitely slow down and expect one of those buggers to jump out in front of you when you least expect it!


For those of you interested (there are some, I swear!) here are some photos from our recent performance at Rakkasah:


6 comments:

Momza said...

Wow. You are really living the life aren't you?!! My good friend who lives in Bountiful took a belly dancing class and loved it...you all are so much braver than I.

Emy5 said...

You guys look great on stage...

and I will heed the deer warning. We have a few by the side of the road now over here :(

Arya said...

I just love seeing your belly dance pictures. It looks like you guys are having so much fun.

On a deer note, I had a whole heard of ELK jump across the road in front of me - lucky for me I saw them before they jumped and didn't hit any of them but boy was it amazing to see at least a hundred (babies and all) cross the HWY in front of me.

Rose said...

I love the beautiful costumes (outfits? what are they called?) I love shiny, sparkly stuff! You look great.

The deer are very unpredictable! They usually come out early in the morning and then again at dusk. I have never hit one but this time of year you do see them on the side of the road after being hit by cars. (so sad) In Montana people swore by this little gadget called a deer whistle, it attaches to your bumper and makes a noise. I don't really know if they work but just thought I'd throw that in for you!

Shimmy Mom said...

LOVE the pics! It looks like you did a beautiful job.
*hugs*

Ally said...

I'm interested! ;-)

I think those pictures are great. The costumes are so beautiful, such bright, vibrant colors. I love it.

(And thanks for the tip about deer.)