Saturday, January 26, 2008

Prom Dress +Trauma = Prauma

Sis is going to the junior prom on February 9. We have been shopping for prom dresses since January 5. She can't find anything she likes in all of northern California. What will we do?

We scoured the mall and she didn't find a thing, then she shopped online and found a dress she liked from Nordstrom. We waited 2 weeks for the perfect dress to arrive with much anticipation. Unfortunately she didn't like it when she tried it on. Back to square one.

So today we drove to a nearby town and tried on their entire stock of formal dresses. Some were very cute. Some I liked a lot on her, and the ones I liked Sis described as "old" or looking like draperies. (I'm not sure what that says about my taste in dresses...) But again, none of them were "the dress".

So the search will continue. I think next Saturday will be our day to travel 2 hours to the biggest mall in our greater shopping area. Oh goodness, I hope we find something, because I don't think there's anything worse than a teen girl with Prauma!

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Good luck! My mom made my senior prom dress. Of course, that was also back in the mid '80s when we wore long dresses and crinolines, etc. Prauma...I love that word. It's perfect. I have boys, so I won't have to deal with the dress stuff, just the asking and the paying!